Spotlight on IMCA Lifting Tech & Offshore Renewables Lifting Seminar
The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) Lifting and Rigging Seminar makes a welcome return to the calendar of events on October 27 at its traditional venue, the Novotel Amsterdam at Schiphol Airport. The busy one-day program focuses on the technical aspect of offshore lifting and the challenges created in the renewable energy market.
As Mark Ford, Marine & Quality Manager at IMCA explained: “We are delighted to be back to host a face-to-face event that will be of interest to everyone involved in all aspects of offshore lifting and rigging in the offshore renewable energy industry.
“We have an exciting line-up of speakers and interactive sessions covering updates from offshore installation contractors, suppliers of the required lifting equipment and academia. The seminar will feature four interactive workshops; and there will be a networking lunch and equally useful breaks during the day.The outcomes of the seminar – the 11th in a long series – will influence and shape, as always, this key area of our industry, as well as the codes and directions produced by the ‘IMCA.
Topics in the seminar spotlight include:
- Reflections from the IMCA Lifting and Rigging Committee covering recent incidents and lessons learned as well as updates on the committee’s ongoing program
- Assurance and development of relevant industry codes
- Sessions covering the experience and challenges faced by leading marine contractors related to offshore lifting, with a particular focus on the demands created in the renewable energy sector
- Vendor sessions from leading vendors on current proven technology, new and future technology
- Open roundtables with key industry experts.
- “Future” presentations from academia, covering new technologies being researched and developed
The seminar will be chaired by David Cannell of TechnipFMC with confirmed speakers from key stakeholders including Van Oord, Lloyd’s Register, Seaway 7, Boskalis, Cadeler, Sapura Energy, Heerema, Huisman, Siemens Gamesa, Remazel, Seaqualize, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and NTNU from Norway.
Agenda and registration are regularly updated at www.imca-int.com/calendar/imca-lifting-rigging-seminar-2022/21%).