Google highlights the top 13 features of Android 13 • iPhone Canada Blog
To celebrate the launch of Android 13 on Pixel devices, Google has highlighted 13 major features and updates to its latest mobile operating system, which promises new features for compatible smartphones and tablets.
“There are many reasons to love Android 13, but here are our top 13,” Google says.
- Android 13 comes with an evolved look and style that builds on Material You. You can customize non-Google apps to match your phone’s wallpaper theme and colors, making your home screen more cohesive and unique to your style.
- You can assign specific languages to individual apps to keep your phone system in one language and each of your apps in a different language.
- Android 13 has an updated media player that adapts its appearance depending on the music or podcast you are listening to.
- Android 13 lets you further customize Bedtime mode with wallpaper dimming and dark theme. These screen options help your eyes adjust to the dark when you’re about to go to bed and go back to sleep if you wake up.
- In Android 13, you can select only the specific photos and videos they will need access to.
- If you copy sensitive data such as your email address, phone number, or login credentials to your device, Android will automatically clear your clipboard history after a period of time.
- Android 13 helps keep your notifications in check and makes sure you only get the alerts you ask for. Apps you download will now need your explicit permission to send notifications.
- On supported headsets that enable head tracking, Spatial Audio shifts the source of sound to adapt to the way you turn your head, giving you a more immersive listening experience.
- When you’re on your laptop, you don’t want to interrupt your workflow to answer a conversation from your phone. Soon you’ll be able to stream your messaging apps directly to your Chromebook so you can send and receive messages from your laptop.
- Android 13 adopts Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio, a new Bluetooth audio standard that results in lower latency than conventional audio. This allows you to hear sound that is better in sync with the sound source.
- You will soon be able to copy content, such as a URL, image, text or video, from your Android phone and paste it on your tablet.
- Multitasking on your tablet is even easier with Android 13. With the newly updated taskbar on tablets, you can see all your apps at a glance and easily drag and drop any app from your library in split-screen mode.
- Android tablets will register your palm and stylus as separate touches. So whether you’re writing or drawing on your tablet, you’ll encounter fewer accidental stray marks.
Android 13 is rolling out to Pixel devices starting today. Later this year, Android 13 will also roll out for Samsung Galaxy, Motorola, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, Sharp, Sony, Vivo, Xiaomi, etc.
Other articles in the category: News
Apple Watch could become a self-monitoring tool for heart attack symptoms
Texas Heart Institute researchers studying the use of the Apple Watch to help diagnose heart attack symptoms have just published their findings in the latest edition of the Texas Heart Institute Journal (via MyHealthyApple). According to the research, if the ECG function of the Apple Watch could provide a reliable analysis of the risk of myocardial infarction (MI) when…
You can now play Doom on the jailbroken tractor screen [VIDEO]
At last weekend’s DEF CON hacking conference in Las Vegas, Sick Codes showed off id Software’s pioneering FPS Doom running on a jailbroken John Deere tractor display (via Rock Paper Shotgun). Sick Codes, which hacked into the tractor’s computer, was trying to draw attention to farm equipment manufacturers who lock down their products to prevent owners from…
Samsung says Galaxy Fold devices are its ‘secret weapons’
Samsung Vice President Bryan Choi said in an interview with The Times that the latest Galaxy Fold devices would be the company’s “secret weapons” in its fight to capture a share of the high-end mobile market. Choi said Samsung’s strategy is to make the line of foldable devices a “mainstream product, with sales equal to…